If you want to avoid the swine flu, also known as H1N1, but don't want to spend the money on a flu shot or for some other reason are unable to get an H1N1 flu shot, here are a few things you can do to avoid the swine flu that are either free or can be done for pennies.
1. Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
2. Gargle with warm salt water twice a day, or you may substitute Listerine if you're prefer. This is important because H1N1 takes two to three days before symptoms develop. Gargling with saltwater or Listerine keeps H1N1 from prolifterating. if a healthy person does this, it is just as effective as Tamiflu, the H1N1 vaccine.
3. Eat foods that are rich in vitamin C. Those who choose to boost vitamin C intake through tablets should also take Zinc because that helps the vitamin C to absorb properly
4. Clean your nostrils with salt water daily. Blow your nose hard afterwards and then use a swab that has been dipped in warm salt water in both nostrils.
5. Drink warm liquids such as hot tea, coffee, etc. frequently. The hot liquids rinse viruses from the throat down into the stomach where they can't survive.
These are simple, inexpensive things that can be done to help prevent swine flu.
Vitamin D!! The winter months are when people get the least amount of sun in the Northern Hemisphere. The sun is the only way to get vitamin D naturally. Vitamin D is very important for our bodies to keep up immunity against viruses.
I use a nasal mist sprayer a few times a day. I have distilled water in it with ONE drop of 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide. That washes out my nasal passages but it also provides oxygen to my body at the same time.
Kombucha Tea - one of the acids in it, has shown to Prevent the Avian Flu from infecting birds. There is a posting strictly on that in last weeks posts.